S&I Media 2021 is organizing a S3D Short Film Festival
Stereoscopy and cinema are old mates: not only the very first photographic experiments with movement were made with stereoscopic images, but also some early film directors were keen stereo photographers!
The 2021 online edition of International Conference on Stereo & Immersive Media (S&I Media) is proud to acknowledge and promote these historical ties by launching a S3D Short Film Festival that will include a group of 3D cinema experts on its selection committee:
- Almir Almas, director of the Cinema, Radio and TV Department, University of São Paulo
- Ana Isabel Soares, Research Center in Arts and Communication, University of Algarve
- Eric Kurland, director of LA 3-D Movie Festival and 3-D SPACE
- Esther Jacopin, Script supervisor, 3D researcher
- François Serre, Director of Courant3D Festival and President of «Prenez du relief»
- Manuel José Damásio, Director of Film and Media Arts Department, Lusofona University
- Victor Fajnzylber, Director of VR-LAB, University of Chile
Our call for S3D short films is open until April 15. We invite international film directors to submit films that explore and highlight the immersive features of stereoscopic technologies.