Call for 3D short films
Stereoscopic 3D Short Film Submission Guidelines
S&I Media’s S3D Short Film Festival will include films that explore and highlight the immersive features of stereoscopic technologies.
Criteria for 3D film submissions:
- Works should not exceed 30 minutes and must feature English subtitles where appropriate.
- They must have been completed after January 1st 2018.
- They can be submitted in either anaglyph or “half side-by-side”.
- Technical specifications:
- MPEG-4 videos, H.264 codec
- Resolution: 1080 HD (1920×1080), 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Frame rate: though 25 fps is preferred, we will accept films at 24, 25 or 30 fps
- Audio: 2-channels stereo audio, encoded in AAC codec at 320 kb/s, 48 kHz
All films should be accompanied by:
– Synopsis (no more than 250 words)
– Biography of the director (no more than 150 words)
Deadline for S3D Short Film submissions: May 2nd, 2021.
Applications should be submitted via Wetransfer, Filetransfer or FTP to email@example.com
Notification of acceptance: May 2021.
Please provide the master files of your film in either anaglyph or “half side-by-side” format according to web standard:
- MPEG-4, H.264 codec
- Stereo, PCM linear
- English subtitles
- Esther Jacopin, Independent Researcher
- Érica Faleiro Rodrigues, CICANT – UHLT
- Mariana Duarte, CICANT – UHLT
- Almir Almas, director of the Cinema, Radio and TV Department, University of São Paulo
- Ana Isabel Soares, Research Center in Arts and Communication, University of Algarve
- Érica Faleiro Rodrigues, Centre for Research in Applied Communication, culture, and New Technologies, Lusófona University
- Eric Kurland, director of LA 3-D Movie Festival and 3-D SPACE
- Esther Jacopin, Script supervisor, 3D researcher
- François Serre, Director of Courant3D Festival and President of «Prenez du relief»
- Manuel José Damásio, Director of Film and Media Arts Department, Lusófona University
- Victor Fajnzylber, Director of VR-LAB, University of Chile,
Applicants are invited to submit their papers for publishing to the peer-reviewed and open access International Journal on Stereo & Immersive Media (https://revistas.ulusofona.pt/index.php/stereo/issue/archive).
Further inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org