Call for papers/3D short films
The 4th International Conference on Stereo & Immersive Media aims to bring together the research fields of photography, sound and cinema, considering their historical and current relationships with expanded and immersive environments.
Stereoscopic and immersive technologies have been widening the scopes of photography, sound and cinema since the 19th century. This conference has a historical and critical perspective about immersion by considering that it draws both on state of the art technologies and on old and discontinued media that have once stimulated and expanded our perception. While these technologies (from stereo views to cinema, virtual reality or video gaming) have deeply strengthened the human relationship to virtual worlds, they have also made visual documents more engaging, triggering richer and more inspiring interpretations of reality. Noteworthy is also the fact that some of these technologies are being used and considered vital to reshape our perception of heritage and to allow new readings and museological experiences of historical collections.
The conference will take place in Lisbon, at the facilities of Universidade Lusófona (Campo Grande) and in Golegã, at the Carlos Relvas Studio House, a stunning 19th-century photographic studio, absolutely unique in the world and extremely well-preserved.
The organizing committee invites scholars, researchers, artists, curators and archivists to submit a proposal for a paper presentation addressing one or more of the following themes:
1- Stereoscopic Photography and its Visual Cultures (19th to 21st Century);
2- Photography, Cinema and Sound Media Archaeologies;
3- Scientific and Social History of Early Immersive Media;
4- 3D Cinema, Virtual Reality and Video Gaming;
5- Media Arts (Visual/Sound) and Immersion;
6- Urban Sound Studies;
7- Performance and Visual Media;
8- Cultural Heritage and Digital Age;
Stereoscopic projection will be available at the conference. The conference will offer you the opportunity to present your talk in 3-D if you feel inclined to. The digital images for these 3D presentations will be expected by April 18, 2020. Send us your images with a 300 dpi resolution to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below the instructions on the submission process
- The official languages of the conference are English, Portuguese and Spanish
- Abstracts should have between 200-300 words for a 20 minutes presentation and should be submitted along with a short biography to our easychair page.
- When filling the title field in easychair please indicate (within brackets) the theme number suggested in this call that best suits your presentation.
- Once your conference proposal or paper abstract has been accepted, you may register in the conference and submit your article to the International Journal on Stereo & Immersive Media at http://revistas.ulusofona.pt/index.php/stereo/information/authors. The deadline for this submission is 31 July 2020. Please find more instructions and detailed information in the ‘Journal S&I Media’ button on the menu above
- Other queries must be submitted to email@example.com
Call for 3D short films
The International Conference on Stereo & Immersive Media: Photography, Sound and Cinema Research will include 3D film screenings. Submissions are due by May 15, 2020.
3D films should highlight and explore the immersive features of stereoscopic technologies.
The selected films will be screened at the Cinema Fernando Lopes at Universidade Lusófona. Authors will be given the opportunity to present and discuss their films.
Proposal submission deadline: 15 May 2020
Final project submission: 15 June 2020
Please state in your proposal the materials provided and needed for the proper presentation of your project
Submit to the call at stereoimmersivemedia.ulusofona.pt