Call and Submissions
The International Conference Stereo & Immersive Media’16 aims to gather researchers, artists, curators, and archivists working on visual and sound media renowned for their immersive features.
“Stereo” environments (stereoscopic and stereophonic) have been widening the fields of photography and sound since the 19th century, contributing to the emergence of a progressively immersive media culture. This conference aims to bring together photography and sound research fields and their relationship with stereo environments, including other immersive visual media (e.g. panoramas, optical displays or virtual games) as well as sound art practices.
We are inviting proposals for paper presentations, workshops/interactive sessions, posters/exhibits addressing one of the following themes:
- Stereoscopic Photography (historical and contemporary);
- Pre-cinema and Immersion;
- Photographic and Sound Media Archaeology;
- Panorama, Diorama and 360° Panoramic Photography;
- Animation, Video games, Augmented and Virtual Reality;
- Urban behaviour and the Influence of Sound devices;
- Sonic Art and New Technologies;
- Performance and Immersive environments.
October 27-29, 2016
- Abstracts 2nd submission deadline: September 12, 2016
- Notification: September 19
- Full papers submission: December 29
- Submission Process
- Please find below the instructions on the submission process.
- The official languages of the conference are English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Abstracts should have between 200-300 words for a 20 minutes presentation and should be submitted along with a short biography, to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=simedia2016
- When filling the title field in easychair please indicate (within brackets) the number of the theme proposed in this call that best suits your presentation.
- Once your conference proposal or paper abstract has been accepted, you may register in the conference and submit your article to the International Journal on Stereo & Immersive Media sending it to email@example.com The deadline for this submission is about two months after the close of the conference. Please find more instructions and detailed information in the ‘Journal S&I Media’ button on the menu above.
- Other queries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org