Stereo and Immersive Media 2016
Photography and Sound Research
October 27-29, 2016, Lisboa
Universidade Lusófona | Faculdade de Belas Artes, Universidade de Lisboa
The International Conference Stereo & Immersive Media’16 aims to gather researchers, artists, curators, and archivists working on visual and sound media renowned for their immersive features.
“Stereo” environments (stereoscopic and stereophonic) have been widening the fields of photography and sound since the 19th century, contributing to the emergence of a progressively immersive media culture. This conference aims to bring together photography and sound research fields and their relationship with stereo environments, including other immersive visual media (e.g. panoramas, optical displays or virtual games) as well as sound art practices.
- Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Larry Schaaf
- Director of the ‘William Henry Fox Talbot Catalogue Raisonné’ and Founder and Editor of the Correspondence of William Henry Fox Talbot Project.
- Nicholas Wade
- Professor, author, and specialist in history of vision research, binocular and motion perception, and the interplay between visual science and art.
- Denis Pellerin
- Specialist in Stereo Photography and author of La Photographie Stéréoscopique sous le Seconde Empire and Diableries. Stereoscopic Adventures in Hell.
- Stereo Photography Exhibition
- October 28: A guided tour to the exhibition The Paradoxical Image: Francisco Afonso Chaves (1857-1926)’ held at Museu Nacional de Arte Contemporânea – Museu do Chiado.